Alexa is a popular digital assistant launched by Amazon in 2014 which works on voice instructions. It works on any device which is Alexa-enabled.
Amazon has a range of devices that come with Alexa preinstalled like Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Fire HD tablets, Echo Tap and many more. Just bring a device home and set it up to hear Alexa answer your queries, manage calls, maintain shopping lists, set up alarms, play media and control your smart home devices.
Most Alexa enabled Echo devices can be Setup Echo Plus in a similar manner. To begin the setup, Download Alexa App from app store on your mobile or tablet. Alexa app is compatible with Android 5.0 or higher and iOS 9.0 or higher versions only. If you already have Alexa, make sure to update the app to its latest version before setting up a new device. In case you do not want to Setup Echo with Alexa app, you can start the set up from a browser on your PC or desktop.
Visit alexa.amazon.com and you will be taken to the Alexa website which has the same Echo Plus Setup process as the Amazon Alexa Setup.
Since the latest device from Amazon in the Alexa-enabled range is Amazon Echo Plus, let’s have a look at the process involved in the, how to set up Alexa, Setup Echo Plus with Alexa App:
1. Go to the menu tab on the app and click on ‘Setup a new device’ option to start the process. Continue to the next page.
2. On the next page, select Echo Plus as your device from the list of devices displayed.
3. Click continue and you will be directed to plug-in your device to a power outlet. Wait until the ring light turns blue and then enters the setup mode. The setup mode is indicated by an orange ring light.
4. In case the orange ring light does not appear, hold the ‘Action’ button on your Echo Plus device for six seconds and see the light appear.
5. Once the orange light appears, the app will guide you to select a custom Amazon network under the Wifi setting on your phone’s menu. This customer network starts with the word ‘Amazon’.
6. Connecting your device to the custom Amazon network will automatically show available wireless network on the app itself. Select your preferred Wifi network.
7. Wait for a few seconds while the connection is successfully established. The device and app will prompt you once the setup is complete.
8. Your device is ready to use now. To test it, say the default wake word ‘Alexa’ followed by ‘Hello’ and hear Alexa respond with a ‘Hello’ back.